Friday, July 19, 2013

Clashy Brights

I'm excited to share that my mosaic was selected for voting in Rachel's most recent fabric pairing contest! This time the theme is Clashy Brights, and I have to say I feel pretty at home in this type of color scheme. The brighter the better! ; )

Bollywood Bundle

This palette reminds me a lot of India actually, with the over-the-top infusion of beautiful color that is everywhere there. I titled this palette "Bollywood" in honor of that. I really went for highly saturated colors in this bundle and based a lot of my color decisions on the rose print from the Hand Drawn Garden collection (in the upper left-hand corner). I even threw in some sparkle, via the mirror ball dots, to add a little extra glamour. 

Voting is now open for all of the mosaic finalists over at Stitched in Color. Hop over to select your favorite.

P.S. If you'd like to see a list of all the specific fabrics in the mosaic, click on the image above to be whisked over to flickr, where I made a note of each fabric choice.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Some great palettes there. Yours and the solids one stand out to me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not easy to combine bold colors and prints like this but you make it look like a breeze! Love this combination. I can relate to the India feeling too - it does remind me of that.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...