I've been stitching away and not blogging too much over the past week, so it's actually the perfect time to put together a WIP Wednesday post and link up with Lee. : )
I've been focused on getting my Honeycomb Pillow finished for the stitch-along, and I'm getting pretty close to being done. It's been a hand stitching fest for me going through all the techniques that we'll be covering while documenting each step with photographs and notes. I do hope to have photos to share very soon of the completed project. I had considered saving my finished pillow for the end of the stitch-along final reveal, but I am thinking it might actually be really helpful to see my version of the completed project all done to help visualize how the different hand techniques come together.
I think the embroidered bees were the most ambiguous part of the mock-up, so I did want to share a quick pic of what these little guys will look like when done. I finished them over the weekend and really had fun working with the different stitches (mainly french knots and backstitch) to create some good honeybee texture.
You can also get an idea of what the applique will look like up close and personal too. It adds a nice invisible finish to the hexies which I really like. I also designed a fun option to try out some needleturn applique on the back of the pillow, so I think I've got you covered on all things hand appliqued in this project. ; ) I think it's going to be a fun sampler!
I also worked some more on my fusion charms this last week when I needed to switch gears for a while. I've started on a fresh stack of charms sewing the blanket stitched edge. I think there will be a total of around 100 squares in this blanket, so I'm working in batches to keep things interesting.
Finally, I also put together a stack of small cuts for a quilt block I'm working on for a blog hop. I won't be using all of these prints in just one block; my plan is to use these to make a few blocks in various designs and various sizes to add to the blog hop block to make a finished quilt top. Having the full stack of fabrics set aside will making planning the rest of the blocks in the future a little easier I think. I hope to be able to share more about this project soon.