While I am typically not one to really want to slow down and take a breath (just ask my husband about watching movies with me!), January has ended up being like a calm pause after the busyness of December. Our home for the most part is set up now, with the exception of a few pieces of furniture that need a new coat of paint and a few shelves and pictures that need hanging. There are of course curtains that could be made (or rather fabric to be bought) ;), but for now I'm ok with letting this one be one WiP that isn't going to get stamped finished for a while, if it ever really does.
I haven't posted a ton of sewn or crafty finishes lately, but I do have several completed WiPs from the last week or so that I am waiting for some good weather (i.e. no rain please) to photograph. Those include a finished Parterre Jardin quilt top, which I have some lovely wool batting set aside for. I have also cut and laid out my Made in Cherry (Echo) quilt for Chelsea's quilt along and here are my observations so far:
1. It's going to be a massive quilt! I can't wait to sleep under it. :)
2. Umm...I think I might need to find a longarm quilter (see above) or become less of a scaredy-pants
3. Yay Echo! I am very happy with my fabric choices.
4. Chelsea is genius for organizing this quilt along in January. It's been just the right motivation to keep from going into total sewing hibernation.
|Must find ways to photograph this one better!|
-Made in Cherry (Echo) quilt
- Bow-tie Blocks Quilt
Completed Tops Awaiting Quilting
- Just Wing It (Embroidery 101)
- Parterre Jardin (Prince Charming) Quilt
- Secret Garden Table Runner
- Daybreak Knit Shawl
- Honey Cowl
This Week's Stats
Completed projects - 3
New projects - 1
Currently in progress - 7