Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Finding Mid-winter Motivation


WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWhile I am typically not one to really want to slow down and take a breath (just ask my husband about watching movies with me!), January has ended up being like a calm pause after the busyness of December. Our home for the most part is set up now, with the exception of a few pieces of furniture that need a new coat of paint and a few shelves and pictures that need hanging. There are of course curtains that could be made (or rather fabric to be bought) ;), but for now I'm ok with letting this one be one WiP that isn't going to get stamped finished for a while, if it ever really does.

DSC_0002

 I haven't posted a ton of sewn or crafty finishes lately, but I do have several completed WiPs from the last week or so that I am waiting for some good weather (i.e. no rain please) to photograph. Those include a finished Parterre Jardin quilt top, which I have some lovely wool batting set aside for. I have also cut and laid out my Made in Cherry (Echo) quilt for Chelsea's quilt along and here are my observations so far:

1. It's going to be a massive quilt! I can't wait to sleep under it. :)
2. Umm...I think I might need to find a longarm quilter (see above) or become less of a scaredy-pants
3. Yay Echo! I am very happy with my fabric choices.
4. Chelsea is genius for organizing this quilt along in January. It's been just the right motivation to keep from going into total sewing hibernation.

DSC_0023
Must find ways to photograph this one better!

New Projects
-Made in Cherry (Echo) quilt

Ongoing Projects
- Bow-tie Blocks Quilt

Completed Tops Awaiting Quilting
- Just Wing It (Embroidery 101)
- Parterre Jardin (Prince Charming) Quilt
- Secret Garden Table Runner

No Progress
- Daybreak Knit Shawl
- Honey Cowl

This Week's Stats
Completed projects - 3
New projects - 1
Currently in progress - 7


Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Your Made in Cherry quilt is fabulous!! I had to stand on a chair to photograph mine.. but I'm also only doing the 60x60 haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Echo looks just perfect for the made in cherry quilt. I love the colour combos in that line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you were the one who designed the quilt shown on Pins and Bobbins post with the beautiful echo fabric - drool, drool - looks even better in real fabric :) If you decide you don't like it, you could give it to me :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's stunning in this fabric line. Wow! What background are you planning to use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenelle this looks so good!!!

    I dragged a quilt out into the snow to take some photos the other day, but other than that it's been miserable for pictures here, too. If it's not raining it's too dark, and I guess I could use my clothes line when we have a rare break from the downpours, but the ground is so muddy underneath the line I'm worried I'll drag my quilt through it! A little dirt is ok but full on mud is not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is looking fabulous, Jenelle! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this pattern - I'm so going to have to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so, so pretty. I might just have to copy you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is gorgeous so far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is on my to-do list. Love it in Echo. Great job. Can't wait to see the background pieces with it!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...